Slot review breakdown
The Naughty List is a Realtime Gaming (RTG) Christmas slot and the RTP is configurable by the casino. This can be a very rewarding slot game when set on the highest payout, and is one of the best Christmas slots.
|Game Information Box|
|Name:||The Naughty List|
|Software:||Realtime Gaming (RTG)|
|Game type:||Video slot|
|Gives Gamblers Fever:||Makes Gamblers Shiver:|
|Very rewarding bonus game||Configurable by the casino|
|Medium variance||RTP not published|
|Fun to play|
|US players allowed|
Where to play?
The Naughty List is a Realtime Gaming slot with five reels and 50 paylines, published in December 2014, and it features all the usual Christmasy stuff, albeit a bit naughty with two sexy elves appearing all the time on your reels. The Naughty List is a very good slot game that will keep you hooked for hours as you wait for that next bonus feature to be triggered. The game has a sister title published one year later, The Nice List.
The Naughty List is a medium variance slot, which means you might be waiting for a while before you hit the big win to bring your balance back to positive, and it’s also one for the high rollers as the $12.50 max bet tends to deplete your bankroll quickly. However, The Naughty List is worth the wait as the bonus feature and the free spins are very rewarding – you can be sure you’ll get back to positive, and then some. The game also spits out nice wins on normal spins, $200 or $400, and that’s common enough to deserve a mention.
The Naughty Pick bonus feature will provide you with a choice of 20 gifts and you get to pick some of them depending on how did you trigger the feature, you can get anything from 3 to 12 gifts as the feature will end when you pick two Naughty Notes. After that, 5 free spins follow, and during the unwrapping of gifts you can get a multiplier for the wins during those free spins. All in all, with a max bet the bonus feature will get you between $200 and $700 most of the time. We at GamblersFever can tell you that straight up as we actually played the game, unlike other reviews on the internet. We tell it as it is.
There is a way to beat The Naughty List slot game, and the usual strategy for winning on a slot game that offers rich bonus game applies. You need a large enough bankroll to support you through the tough times when the spins aren’t paying out much in order to reach the bonus game, and in case of The Naughty List the bankroll needed for max bet of $12.50 is between $1000 and $2000. And as soon as you hit that big win and make some money, walk away. Depending on your luck it may be $500 or more. Of course, just like every other slot game, this one will also bring your balance down to $0 if you play long enough, but it seems to be one of the more rewarding ones in the short run.
All symbols in The Naughty List pay left to right, with one exception—the Naughty List Scatter symbol which pays out in any direction. Any scatter wins are added to line wins and multiplied by your total be. There’s also a special Santa symbol which is Wild and can therefore substitute in for any symbol in the game except for the Naughty List symbol.
There is also a Lucky Feature which can get triggered after any normal game, and it provides free spins. It’s a bit rare and not that rewarding, though it’s nice when it happens. There are also progressive jackpots which can be awarded anytime – so the longer you play the bigger the chance of hitting that Minor or Major Jackpot.
The Return to Player (RTP) of The Naughty List isn’t explicitly published by Realtime Gaming, but since it’s part of the “Real Series” videoslots which almost universally have top payout of 97.50%, we’ll assume this is the case with The Naughty List as well. Feels about right. Bear in mind the payout can have three settings: low (91%), medium (94% or 95%) and high (97.50%) and it’s configurable by the casino. The real challenge here is finding a casino that put The Naughty List on High.
5Dimes is, as usual, your best bet when it comes to high payout. More precisely, you’ll find this game in their Grand Casino. There are numerous casinos with this game, and some of the others are Diamond Reels, Siver Oak, Slots.lv, Bovada, Lucky Red and Raging Bull. These are all high-payout casinos which are likely to have this slot game set on High payout.
For a full list of best Christmas slots check out our Best Christmas slots 2016 article and see how does this slot game rank on the list!
The Naughty Pick Feature
- 3 or more scattered Naughty Lists trigger the pick feature.
- Pick from 20 Presents until you find two Naughty Notes.
- Each pick awards a higher bonus prize or increases your free spin prize multiplier.
- The Santastic Free Spins are awarded after the picks end.
Santastic Free Spins
- 5 free spins are awarded, during which extra Santas and Naughty List are added to the reels.
- Any retrigger awards a new Naughty Pick Feature.
- Santastic free spins are played at the lines and bet of the triggering game.
- A random Lucky Feature may trigger at the end of any normal game.
- From 5 to 10 free spins are awarded with up to a 10x multiplier!
- The Naughty Pick Feature may be triggered during Lucky Feature free spins.
- Lucky Feature free spins are played at the lines and bet of the triggering game.
- A Progressive Jackpot can be won at the conclusion of any game.
- The Jackpots is triggered at random.
- Progressive Jackpot wins are added to other wins.
- Random Jackpot contribution is no more than 1.5% of total Return to Player.
- All symbols pay Left to Right except scattered Naughty Lists, which pay Any.
- Wins on different lines are added.
- Scatter wins are added to line wins.
- Scatter wins are multiplied by total bet.
- Line wins are multiplied by bet per line.
- Highest win only on each line.
- Maximum win per paid spin is 50,000 times bet per line.